Hello! I hope you’re all doing well. Thanks for stopping by my Home and Garden blog, if you haven’t read any of my posts before I’m Jen and this is Internet Kitchen Appliances where I talk about tips and tricks for keeping a beautiful home and garden, and any great deals I find online.
I recently broke my big grandfather clock in the hallway, and had just left it for a couple of months. A friend came round last week and told me how bad it was for the Feng Shui of the house, so I have taken it down. As much as I love it, it needs a good repair session and a bit of a spruce up.
I’ve just bought a new clock to have in the space in the meantime, and I found a great cheap bargain from and online classifed ads website, http://www.easyprices.com/. With the broken clock now out of the house, I decided to look up other objects that are bad luck to keep in the home.
- Broken Clock. – As I already mentioned having something broken in your house is terrible for you Feng Shui. Not only that but with a broken clock it has been said that if it chimes then it will bring a death to your family.
- Black Door. You might have thought that the worst thing about having a black front door was how common place it was and how likely you are to get confused after a big night out and try to open the wrong door. You’d be wrong though. According to Chinese Feng Shui having a black door is an invitation to bad luck entering your house. Though, if your house faces north then you’re a’okay.
- Mirrors. Even if you have intact mirrors in your house, you’re still susceptible to bad luck. Whilst a broken mirror might be commonly known to bring bad luck, in Victorian times just owning a mirror could bring you bad luck. Mirrors were said to steal your soul, and after the death of a friend or family member it was tradition to cover the mirror in case the soul got trapped inside. I like to place old broken mirrors in my Fairy Garden.
- Calendar. Having an old calendar still up in your house, or simply having a calendar up but presenting the wrong day or month is bad luck. Because a Calendar is a reminder of the time thats passing and the time that will pass, using it incorrectly and display the wrong date is believed to cut your life short.
- Dishes. Dishes, bowls, cups and plates, at the first sign of a breakage, chip or crack should be thrown away. According to Feng Shui, glasswear and chinawear symbolise families and wealth. Eating off a cracked surface welcomes these cracks and splits into your family life and wealth situation.
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading all about different ways bad luck can seep into your house. If you want to read more about Feng Shui I recommend checking this website out.
And if you want to check out our most popular post, then check out or tips and tricks for renovating a house.